Thursday

A change in idea...

I have decided to change my idea and completely re-work my theory, after feedback from Kate and Sue I decided to not go with any game idea/ theory at all because what my idea was about contradicted my theory, I had in mind to argue that narrative and game can balance each other without turning too much into one or the other. I was reading Marie-Laure Ryans reading on game studies and how they do not balance and I tried to argue against that.

My direction with this is now to argue that interactivity in a story enhances the experience of story telling. By using the structure of multi-linear narrative it creates a more dramatic narrative for the user and it also adds interactivity into the story, the idea gotten from Marie-Laure Ryans book of 'Narrative as Virtual Reality'. Most of the readings I have researched upon for my old idea is also relevant to here so I will look into that in finer details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice..