Wednesday

Growing Old...

'Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surpirse, gratifies its curiositym and gives it and idea of which it was not before possessed'

After having read all the quotes, I have decided to base my exam project on Joseph Addison's quote. My decision for choosing this quote is because I find it more open to different ideas than the others, based on my first thoughts. To sum the quote up in a couple of words, I would have to say the quote defines a new experience.

For my exam project, my idea is to create an animated video. The concept I will be using is to try and make the quote alive. The quote will start as a person is born. As the person experiences new things, the quote becomes more valid. As the person grows older and experiences almost everything, the quote starts to fade because there is nothing new or uncommon left to experience. When the person dies, so does the quote as there is nothing left to experience.

To put this concept into work, I will be creating a short story of a child growing into an old person and then passing away. It starts off with a young child experiencing everything as they grow, most of which the experiences would be new. As the child grows older he sees more, and new or uncommon things become more rare. As the child grows up and becomes old, he has seen most things and almost nothing pleases his imagination anymore. The man passes away and he can't experience anything anymore.

The music will change throughout the video as the child grows into a man, and as the man grows old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice..