Wednesday

Colour themes...

I have researched on some Chinese art to see what types of colour themes they use so I could try to adapt to some of the themes or mix them together.


I really like the colour theme used for this picture, the red really contrasts with the background enhancing the colour and noticability of the roses. The background colour is light and pale which blend with each other well because the colour range is quite narrow. The colours used are not sharp or excessively bright so its easy on the eyes.


There is only one colour used but the blend of the black is very effective in showing tones and textures of the mountain. The picture made using water based and is exactly how I interpreted the song.


This picture is also water based, the colour range is very blue based with hints of contrasting orange or washed out red. I really like the idea of using a small amount of contrasting colours to make those items stand out.

There are some strong and contrasting colours in specific parts of the paintings to emphasise a specific area but a lot of it is within an area of a certain colour range, these colours are also colours of natural things which narrows down the amount of colours I could use for my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice..