Tuesday

Designing brand identity...

Choosing fonts is a really important part of branding, any real good font is instantly recognisable for example Coca-Cola, the lettering of it is almost instantly recognisable everywhere with its distinct curves and complexity that is made to associate with the brand. Some brands incorporate shapes with the words making the name a shape as well as a name which is a clever concept.

How the brand logo itself is constructed is also important, the shape, colour and content will make the logo stand out. Apparently the brain acknowledges and remembers shapes first then colour and then text as you need to idenitfy shapes before identifying the shape of the words. The colours can trigger an emotion to which you can associate it with its brand but it needs to be chosen carefully as its not only to build brand awareness but to be different from others as well.

This has got me thinking about my logo and its associations, what does my logo associate when people look at it? is my logo distinct enough for people remember the shape of my logo? what colours should I use to associate what my brand represents and how can I separate the common colours that are associated with it and make my colour stand out?

Alina Wheeler
Designing Brand Identity: A complete guide to creating, building, and maintaining strong brands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice..